USA Institute Monitors Air Quality for Cultural Artefact Storage
Monitoring VOCs at Drill Pads in Denver, USA
South Coast Science is pleased to announce its collaboration with tech start-up Pollution Solution, who have recently unveiled their new product: Roadvent ™
Roadvent ™ has been scientifically verified to reduce roadside human exposure to vehicle emissions by 91%.
How often do you think about the silent danger posed by emissions from idling vehicles outside of schools, fast food drive-thru lanes and click and collect points?
Praxis/Cube units provide an easily deployable solution for accurate air quality monitoring of particulates and gasses, as part of the Roadvent ™ system. They are ideally suited for continuous monitoring at two positions on the system: the serving hatch and clean air outlet to measure system performance.
Air Quality Monitoring for Healthy Smart Cities
The role of the Praxis/Cube is to provide data for compliance purposes, stakeholder reporting and return on investment calculations. Accurate, independently validated air quality monitoring provides the means to prove the efficacy of each specific installation. Additionally, being low-cost and robust makes it an ideal candidate for a system to be deployed in roadside cabinets.
“Pollution Solution provides a much-needed answer to the challenge for local authorities and private corporations of reducing roadside emissions by capturing them at the source. By partnering with experts in a number of fields, we have developed a solution that meets this challenge. The Praxis/Cube provides reliable, real-time air quality monitoring needed by customers to evidence compliance.”David Lewis, Commercial & Construction Director at Pollution Solution
Benefits of using Roadvent™
Many public and workplace spaces are currently in breach of Health and Safety COSHH regulations & WHO (World Health Organisation) safe recommended limits. Roadvent ™ can be an effective tool for:
- councils, governments and private sector companies to reduce current pollution levels to below the World Health Organisation recommended limits.
- reducing costs for local councils and governments by reducing the burden on healthcare services due to lower human exposure to deadly pollutants.
- saving and improving the lives of children: their developing respiratory functions mean they are more likely than adults to develop respiratory conditions such as asthma, as a consequence of exposure to the pollutants found in vehicle emissions.
- reducing the negative impact that ULEZ & CAZ have on the surrounding neighbourhoods that experience an increase in traffic when drivers avoid the chargeable zones.
- enabling governments worldwide to achieve their air quality targets, as ratified in the COP26 Agreement.
How does Roadvent ™ work?
The Roadvent ™ system, installed discreetly into the roadway, captures pollutants as close as possible to the source. Fumes and particulate matter from vehicles are drawn into Roadvent ™, pumped through pipes underground into the roadside filtration unit which removes the pollutant particles and gases to a level of over 98%.
Where can the RoadVent ™ system be used?
The Roadvent ™ system can be installed on any existing or new roadway and will perform most effectively in high-traffic or slow moving traffic locations, also referred to as ‘pollution hotspots’. This includes but is not limited to: school drop-off and pick-up points, school commuter routes, airport & hospital short-stay points, traffic light junctions, taxi ranks, bus stops congested roads and junctions, and distribution centres.
It must be installed by approved contractors to ensure the efficacy of the system.
How big is the Roadvent™ system?
Roadvent ™ is offered in 10 linear metre modules and as many as required can be installed, meaning large stretches of road can also be cleaned.